Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1, 275......

I posted my 1,275Th tweet today. I ain't braggin, it is what it is,

There are a few ways to look at it. You can pick one or make up your own.

One is that I have way too much time on my hands and some might argue the need for a full time vocation.

Another possibility is that I just have a lot to say. Stuff that is useless, random, vague, odd, hateful, confusing.....you get the point.

The third possibility is probably closer to the truth. Therapy. Less sweaty then tanning, way cheaper then shopping. You would be surprised the release that 140 characters can bring.

Hey, you got your thing, I got mine.

5 comments:

Andy Lauer said...

Quite an interesting take on the twittering phenomenon. I don't do twitter because it just seems a bit presumptuous to me to think that others would care that much about the minutia of my life, or that I even ought to put it out there, but that's cool.

Also, I don't follow twitter, but I really like your blog posts, and do follow them.

Later.

Heather said...

Thanks Andy. At first I thought the same thing, who cares what I had for lunch? Would I call anybody that is following me and say "Hey, just wanted to let you know I took a shower." The answer is no, but that is what I have come to love about it.
Do they care, probably not, but I am gonna tell them anyway!

Andy Lauer said...

You do have a point that it in some way seems to humanize people--you gain entree into their lives in a way you might not otherwise.

Btw, how did the writing assignment go for you from NPH?

Heather said...

Andy ~ It went well. I wrote the Thoughts for Today Devotionals for the first five weeks of the Mar/Apr/May 2010 quarter. I really enjoyed it. I am working on some other things to submit a few places, so we will see. If you have anymore suggestions let me know!

Andy Lauer said...

Glad to hear it. I'll keep you in mind.

I wouldn't mind reading them sometime if you forwarded them to my e-mail address. You can get it from Keith if you don't have it(read: might be able to get him to follow through on giving it to you).