Friday, January 7, 2011

One Word



One Word. Not a list of the things I wish I could change, but probably won't. Not a list of resolutions that will last through January. Not a list of unreachable goals. Just one word.

One word that will guide and shape the decisions that I make. One word that I will live out everyday. With lots of contemplation and even more prayer, I have decided on my one word.

Story.

I have a story. I actually have many stories.

I have an inner story. The story in my heart. The one that is an improvisational portrayal of what it looks like to be completely loved and adored by a God that lavishes favor upon me despite my despicable behavior.

I have another story. The narration that is told through my actions. The story that is ever changing to fit in with my surroundings. Fiction. Sarcasm. Slander.

In 2011, I want to live an authentic story. I am not even completely confident that I know what that means at this point, but it is my one word.

Story.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the way you write, Heather!

Story. Authentic. I love it. Thanks for sharing your inspirations!