Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grateful

I was running just a few minutes late to pick Isaak up from school the other day when I took a "short" cut through a neighborhood only to get stopped behind a school bus. As I waited and waited I could not imagine what was taking so long for this kid to get off the bus. Seconds turned to what seemed like hours before I got the first glimpse of the boy. He had crutches that fit around his arms and as he would move one crutch up the driveway, his leg would drag behind. Each step was labored and deliberate. As I watched him struggle I could almost feel the pain of each movement. All of the sudden, my problems did not seem so big.

I have spent the last few weeks so immersed in feeling sorry for myself that I have lost sight on just how blessed I am. This situation with Isaak is bad, but it is not the end of the world. I am so grateful for a God that lets me pout and waits patiently for me to come back to him. I am also so thankful for my family. I love them so much and when I consider that the love that I have for them can not even compare to the love that God has for them I feel such comfort. I know that we are living in the midst of his plan for us and that his ways and thoughts are so much higher than mine.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and thank you for your comments and prayers. I pray that as you celebrate Thanksgiving you will be near those you love and that you will be reminded of just how much God loves you. Grace and peace be with you all!!

No comments: