Monday, December 22, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is My "OLD" Two Front Teeth

All of us know people that just seem to always have it together. The kind of people that have all the luck. The people that happen to walk into a store only to find out they are the 1,000,000th customer and win a huge shopping spree. The people that get a letter in the mail one day that tells them their great, great uncle just died and left them a fortune. The kind of people that have it so good it almost seems unnatural.

We are not those kind of people.

If there is anything crazy, unusual or just plain weird that is going to happen, it is probably going to happen to us.

If something that is outrageously expensive is going to happen, again it is probably going to affect us.

At approximately 10:00 am this morning I got a phone call from the Faith Community Center where Isaak was at his first day of Winter Camp. He was there for all of 90 minutes before he fell in the locker room on the wet shower floor before going swimming only to break his two front permanent teeth almost in half. We had to rush him to the dentist and thankfully there was no damage to the roots or blood supply but he did have to get temporary resin caps to even out his teeth. He will have to have them replaced several times before he can get permanent ones, probably by the age of 11 or 12.

How much might one of these TEMPORARY caps cost, you might be asking yourself. Only $214. Oh yeah, that is for one tooth. We had to have two, and x-rays, and an exam......

Seeing how we have already met our out of pocket maximum for the year on our health insurance which is $10,000, it only seems fitting that it was a dental accident and of course have no dental insurance.


2 comments:

Fool of God said...

Can I just say "ouch?"

I'm sorry to hear about Isaak...

In all seriousness, I just have to say that you and Brett are inspiring. Your attitude about the things that have not gone the way you'd like is amazing. I have known so many people who would whine and complain about how terrible their life is and constantly bemoan it all.

And while I am sure that you two have probably had those moments, you rarely fail to put some kind of positive outlook on it. As I said, I find the two of you to be inspiring - after all, if you guys can keep smiling with all that's happened, what right do I have to get all upset about a few throw-ups and some diarrhea in my kids.

We miss you guys and we are praying for you. May God bless you and richly reward you for all that you do...

Peace,

jB

Mrs. H in Costa Rica 2023 said...

Yikes! I have a half fake front tooth from a childhood accident and they just filled it in... It broke again in high school and it took them 3 tries to get it fixed again...then it chipped in college and I found out how much it would cost to fix the tiny chip since it was considered cosmetic and decided I like the little teeny tiny chip!

Financial stuff is so frustrating!