Monday, May 18, 2009

But then...

I can't even count the number of times my kids have gone to bed dirty or with out brushing their teeth. There have been days when they have eaten candy for breakfast and I have often bought them things just to keep them from throwing a fit. I have regretted saying no way to often and regretted even more not saying no. I have often ran out of patience way to early in the day.

There are days when I know that I have failed them, but then....

There are the days when it all seems right. Moments when I truly know that loving them is enough.

Today was one of those days.

Isaak came home from school upset about the death of a mother and two children that attend church at Faith, where he goes to school. We talked about it for a while and then he said, "at least it is good for them, cause they are in heaven now, and there are no fires in heaven." We talked a bit more, then he asked me if he could ask Jesus to live in his heart. We knelt right there in the garage, and he bowed his little head and said the sweetest prayer I have ever heard.

I am so thankful for days like this, one that I will never forget.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, wow! That brought tears to my eyes! That's amazing.... thanks for sharing the joy!

Unknown said...

That's so great!

Andy Lauer said...

Happy for you guys.