Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just Some Random Thoughts

All kinds of random thoughts, things that don't really fit anywhere else...

First off, what is up with all the one word titles for my recent blogs. I just scrolled through them and laughed out loud. Like I am too important or too big of a deal to come up with more than one word. That is funny. I promise, I'm done with that nonsense.

I would really like to be a back up singer. I used to think that I wanted to be a rock star, but now I think what I really want is to be in the back, wearing one of those super cute not-matching-yet-coordinating outfits and doing the side to side shimmy thing. Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome.

I want to go back to school. I only have 5 classes left to finish my degree in Child Development and Family Studies with a minor in Fine Arts. I love being in school. There is just something about the whole college vibe that I miss so much.

I think I am going to get another tattoo. I am having a hard time deciding where, but I know exactly what I want. $250 Tuesday at Sacred Apple is a bargain.

I am a bit embarrassed about how excited I am for the new Harry Potter movie to come out. Like it might be on the top ten most exciting events in my life. Kicker is, it opens during VBS, which I am directing. Something is gonna have to give.

I really would love to spend the weekend hanging out with Rob Dyrdek, Jason Mraz, John Mayer and Dave Matthews. No agenda, just hangin' out. Maybe some bbq, a little impromptu acoustic sing along if they felt so inclined, just chillin'. Oh yeah, and my other BFF can come too, just to keep me grounded.

I feel like I might have finally had that moment where I realize that I am middle age, old even. I really like cars. I know exactly what I like and what I don't like. For a while now I have wanted either a Dodge Charger or a Lincoln MKZ. In the past when I have seen one I have always lusted just a bit for it. We have looked into both of them and I know the cost and payment for each, and it is a lot. The other day I was stopped next to a GORGEOUS black MKZ and the first thought that went through my mind was.... "I'm so glad I don't have that payment." I am officially old.

I find myself saying all of those things that I swore growing up I would never say. I am from pretty humble roots, to say the least. The words redneck and hillbilly would be very appropriate. I, however, used to be obsessed about not living up to that legacy. Seems that I the apple might not have fallen so far from the tree. I find myself all the time saying things like "fixin' to, oughten not and y'all." The other day I even told Luke we were "leavin' to go to town", we live in town.

I feel guilty about the fact that I am neither a pet person or a baby person. Doesn't that sound evil? I mean I don't hate em', babies at least, I just don't really like to hang out with them for any extended period of time.

Given the choice between television/movies or music, I would with out a doubt pick music. I could go for the rest of my life and never watch another TV show or movie, as long as I had music. I really could not imagine my life without it.

I feel strangely relieved about airing out some of my random even peculiar thoughts. There are others, but for now, that will do. Ahhhhhhhh, I really do feel better!

No comments: