Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Firsts

Firsts. At least first in a whiles. The last week has been full of them. Some good, some bad.

The first time I ate Uno's Pizza. Giordano's used to be my favorite, not any more.

The first time in a very long time that I cried in front of anyone other than Brett. I hate that.

The first time I tanned in a while. I know it is not the healthiest way to relieve stress, but there is just something about it that is so relaxing.

The first time I have ever seen a helicopter on the interstate. I kind of felt like I was in a big Hollywood movie, that was until I realized it was being pulled on a trailer. Weird.

The first time I have seen Isaak play. Sure, he has played before, but I mean really sit down and engage in creative play. He is seven.

The first time I had turkey bacon. Not bad. Not the same, but not bad.

The first time in a while that I was in a situation with a certain person and I did what was right even though it was not what I wanted to do.

The first time in three years that I really feel like it is going to be OK. It will be different than I planned, but it will be OK.

There were others this week, some very personal. Of those, there are ones that I will cherish forever and a few that I wish had not happened at all. Firsts can be exciting. They can also be painful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

That was well put, Heather... :-) I heart you and miss you much!